Hotels by their very nature are large consumers of resources; they operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week with little down time where power consumption can be reduced.
We need to be aware of the effect our business has on the environment and continually look for ways where we can reduce or mitigate against the effect of our carbon footprint.
Our teams are aware of our commitment to reducing power consumption and their responsibilities towards achieving the aims of the business.
We will commit business resources to energy management, reduce our energy costs. We will look for ways we can reduce environmental impact, minimise CO2 emissions, consider life-cycle energy costs for all new projects and where possible use energy from renewable sources.
Abbey House Is Committed To...
- Purchasing energy at the most cost effective price
- Looking for ways that we can purchase some of our energy from renewable sources
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Reducing Co2 emissions
- Investing in new technology where this meets investment criteria
- Our re-cycling policy and monitoring of waste by category so reducing the amount we send to landfill
We will address Energy Efficiency in all areas of our business;
- Define roles and responsibilities for energy
- Educate and raise awareness among staff
- Establish clear reporting procedures
- Procure new equipment with low energy ratings
- Continue with the installation of low energy LED lighting
- Consider life-cycle energy costs for new projects and refurbishment.
- We will also consider life-cycle energy costs for existing systems with a view to modify.
- Establish ownership of energy costs at a departmental level
- Set performance improvement targets
- Reduce energy consumption to a good level benchmark
- Seek competitive tenders for Gas and Electricity supplies
- Identify all cost effective energy efficiency measures