Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you.
- We will only use personal information you supply to us for the purpose of contacting you.
- We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil that purpose.
- We will not pass your information to any other parties.
- All employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect your confidentiality.
Personal information is private.
By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you:
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.abbeyhousehotel.com you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information.
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
- To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Use of your Information:
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Disclosure of your Information:
- The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Subscribing to Abbey House Hotel.
- If you subscribe to Abbey House Hotel, then we will simply retain your email address, which will be added to the Abbey House mailing list giving details of new products, competitions, promotions and offers. If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, please let us know at email@example.com.
There is a new law in the EU that requires us to ensure you are fully informed regarding the types of cookies we use on this site and how and why we use them. This law also states that you should be fully informed before any cookie that you should have the option to disable any that aren't. We are working towards fully implimenting the new requirments to ensure you have the option to prevent these non-essecential cookies from being stored if you do not wish them to be.
- We use Google Analytics to monitor our site useage. This will install cookies on your computer to allow us totrack your movements on our site. If you do not wish to be tracked in this way please use this opt out tool. Google Analytics Opt Out
Security and Data Retention:
- We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
All information is retained on our secure servers.