The Wedding Breakfast
In summer, why not greet your guests on the front lawn or the terrace with canapés and a glass of champagne? This glorious country setting offers stunning views of the gardens and surrounding countryside and whilst you have your photographs taken nearby, your party can soak up the atmosphere.
Your Wedding Breakfast can be held in the Great Abbey Hall which can seat up to 86 or the Furness room which is for more intimate gatherings, can accommodate up to 25. Larger numbers can be catered for in the Cavendish Suite or if you prefer, why not have a marquee in the grounds?
Food is one of the most important aspects of any wedding day and our team of chefs will ensure your chosen menu is prepared with care to create a truly memorable Wedding Breakfast for you and your guests. The head chef and his team prepare a wide choice of food from simple, light dishes, to modern dishes using locally sourced produce. We offer a variety of options to suit every taste and you can choose to tailor make your own menu with a choice from our exclusive Cumbria wedding selection.
The Evening Reception
Following your Wedding Breakfast, the celebrations can continue with music or entertainment of your choice. Guests can enjoy the gardens on a summer’s night but still get mixed up in the excitement of your evening reception. Why not hold a hog roast or barbecue which would be the perfect solution for your evening guests?
A fireworks display can be arranged at the end of the evening to send you and your loved one off on a life of love and happiness.
The Abbey House Hotel also offers exclusive use of the hotel suites so you and your guests can enjoy the day in perfect intimacy. Why not choose to hold your wedding ceremony in the Great Abbey Hall which is steeped in history and tradition followed by your evening reception in our more modern Cavendish Suite? Your party are able to enjoy the entirety of our exquisite grounds whilst enjoying the hospitality throughout the hotel and you can feel completely relaxed in the knowledge that every detail is taken care of and your guests are catered for.
A Day To Remember
At Abbey House Hotel you can be assured of “the perfect day”. Our experienced wedding co-ordinator will look after every detail ensuring nothing is overlooked so that you can relax right from the initial enquiry to the big day itself. Abbey House Hotel prides itself as being one of the top wedding venues in the Lake District area and you can be assured of the fairytale you wanted.
Please call the hotel on 0844 8262091 if you would like to make an appointment to view our facilities or by all means contact us at The Abbey House Hotel, Abbey Road, Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria LA13 0PA.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family for a dream country wedding in the future.
Abbey Classic Package
- Dedicated Wedding Coordinator On Hand To Assist In The Planning Of Your Special Day
- Red Carpet & Rose Petals
- Glass Of Pink Prosecco To Celebrate The Beginning Of Your New Life Together
- Master Of Ceremonies On Hand To Ensure The Smooth Running Of Your Special Day, Including One To One Assistance With Speech Preparation
- Fitted Chair Cover With Sash To Enhance Your Special Day
- Personalised Table Plan
- Bespoke 4 Course Wedding Breakfast, Lakeland Tea & Coffee
- Hand Picked Wines To Compliment Your Wedding Breakfast
- Glass Of Ice Cold Prosecco To Toast The Happy Couple
- Floral Bouquet & 2 Floral Thank You Bouquets, Designed By Posh Flowers
- Individually Designed Wedding Cake From Our Expert Cake Maker
- Candy Floss Factory
- Evening Music
- Candy Buffet
- Our Traditional George VI Post Box
- Firework Display
- Abbey House Hog Roast
- 10 Abbey Bedrooms
- Honeymoon Accommodation (Including Late Check Out & Champagne Breakfast In Bed)
- Celebrate Your Paper Anniversary As Our Guests